During Brendon's week off, we tried to do some fun things with the kids. We drove around the lake to see fancy lights, we built graham cracker houses (which the kids cared nothing about, aside from eating loads of candy), we had extra fun with Daddy at home, and we ate out at Chick-fil-A, probably the kids favorite activity. We got a lot of entertainment out of their play place and enjoyed our ice cream cones.
Christmas morning was a little lot disappointing for Henry, who decided a couple days before Christmas he wanted a blue eagle with a button (pretty sure he made the toy up from recent movies/cartoons). Santa fulfilled the earlier requested skateboard from the letter he received, but unfortunately left Henry unexcited Christmas morning.
Fortunately, he loved Grandma and Grandpa Holmes' gift (an awesome dragon) and played with it all day. Henry and Maggie eventually went for a ride on the skateboard together and a few days after Christmas, Dad took Henry on his big bike. Henry quickly went back to his little bike once their ride was over and hasn't gone back to the big bike...yet.
Maggie, on the other hand, was pleased with everything, especially the stocking filled with candy and the $3 jewelry set I bought her. She loved her dolls and thought Christmas morning was great.
My parents joined us the day after Christmas and spoiled us all. We went grocery shopping, to the toys store for the kids to pick out toys (twice, since Henry's first toy broke from 3-year-old abuse), out to eat and found some new favorites, to the mall, Target, Sam's Club, and on and on.
I asked them to stay till the baby comes. I haven't done dishes, emptied the dishwasher, folded my own laundry, or woken up with the kids since they have been here. My dad also did several minor home repairs. It has been a good break from my regular responsibilities, especially with Brendon being busy. The kids have been played and cuddled with and loved to pieces. They have been very happy with "Pappa" and "Pappa Sue" (as Maggie calls them) visiting us.
When it was time to drop them off at the airport, Henry said, "I don't want you to go home. I want you to stay at my house." Both kids snuggled and loved on their grandparents. It was a little sad.
Thank goodness we have a baby coming in three months so they can come out to visit us again soon!
I just love these faces...all four of them!



3 comments:
Those videos of Henry are hilarious. At least he handles it calmly. I hope you can already look back and laugh at it, but if not, you will someday. I've been eager to talk to you!
Wow! Your parents are great guests to have! I'm not too surprised though! I think they are great! Send them my way! Haha
Okay this was so much fun to read. As not funny as Henry's reaction to Christmas probably was in the moment it will be a pretty funny memory someday. Sounded a little like how our Christmas morning went with Matthew. Oh to teach a 4 year old gratitude!
Post a Comment