Maggie is walking all the time now.
And she started talking muck-a-luck, just like Henry used to.
And hold her.
And love her.
And tell us all how sweet and cute and angelic she is.
We were having a family love fest/doggy pile on the couch.
Dad started tickling Henry.
The next thing we know Maggie had climbed too far and landed on the floor,
hitting her head on the printer on her way down.
hitting her head on the printer on her way down.
We wish you could see her in person:
her double black-eyed face, her "I'm poopy" sit (featured below--notice the leaning to one side),
and the small amount of hair that has come in that Skype just doesn't capture.
and the small amount of hair that has come in that Skype just doesn't capture.
I'm sure she would love a kiss from you.
Henry is starting to say funny things.
My favorite is when I ask him to do something and he responds with, "No, I too big."
Well, it was funny the first few times.
I try to remember the funny things so I can tell you, but it's impossible to remember everything.
Henry could definitely use some love from you right now.
He would love the undivided attention and the laughter you always bring to him.
He would reward you for your time with his bear hugs and sweet kisses.
I'm sure you miss them just as much as we miss seeing you.
Oh, how he loves you.
He has a big heart.
And you are at the top of his list of favorite people.
I tried to teach Henry about the letter 'A' today.
He is casually learning colors and numbers.
He tolerates my teaching if it is incorporated into our playing routine.
Today was the first attempt at sitting down with the intention of teaching/learning.
He quickly got bored, so we took a break to play with googly eyes and take random pictures.
He tolerates my teaching if it is incorporated into our playing routine.
Today was the first attempt at sitting down with the intention of teaching/learning.
He quickly got bored, so we took a break to play with googly eyes and take random pictures.
He likes to scare the monsters in our house, fly like a dragon (while jumping off the hearth),
and pretend to be a tiger.
and pretend to be a tiger.
He likes to hide under the bathroom sink, in the bathroom closet, and in the hamper.
I wish you could see the rare moments when Henry and Maggie laugh so hard together.
It is so fun to listen to and to watch.
I wish you could hold Maggie while I sit with Henry in time out.
She is usually crying during our time outs.
I wish you could hear Henry singing throughout the day and listen to Maggie talk.
Their little voices can be so precious.
I wish you could hear Henry singing throughout the day and listen to Maggie talk.
Their little voices can be so precious.
I wish you could drop in whenever you wanted to.
We would love to have you in our home every day.
But alas, we are at a distance with limited funds.
And so we will continue our Skype calls, phone calls, texts, and emails.
We will continue to look forward to the time we get to spend together in the near future.
Oh, how we miss you.
How we wish we lived closer or had a way to visit more regularly.
We love you, Grandmas and Grandpas.


3 comments:
Those googly eye pictures are the best! Do you get to go visit the grandparents this summer?
We sure love and miss your kiddos!
-Britt
Well...on Sunday when we closed our Skype session, you said, "look at our blog". So this morning was the time. In the pre-dawn I opened and read, and had heartswelling, teary moments. I sat in quiet contemplation appreciating these two sweeties, so different, and so wonderful in their individuality. You always capture their sweetness, their growth, and your love as their mommy. They are amazing, and they are so blessed to have you. We are so blessed to have you as you think of us and know that there is nowhere we would rather be than dropping in, sharing meals and treats, but mostly laughter, hugs and kisses from all 4 of you! Thank you for this gift of pictures, video, words, and LOVE!
Post a Comment