Good-bye crib,
Good-bye three-hour naps,
Hello early bedtime.
Hello random naps in the car,
Hello random naps in the car,
Hello early mornings.
I've been dreading the transition to a big boy bed for a long time.
And, just like I thought it would, it changed our schedule and Henry's naps.
After being frustrated about the changes for a couple days,
I realized my schedule will constantly be changing for the rest of my life.
No need to complain, I discovered (after complaining), just readjust.
It's okay that I need to wake up 30 minutes earlier to get my exercise routine in--
and that sometimes I miss it.
It's okay that Henry doesn't nap as long--
it's nice to have alone time together while Maggie naps.
It's okay that I don't get as much done around the house during the day--
now I have more time at night to clean or to hang out with Brendon.
Good-bye old schedule.
Hello new routine.
Hello new routine.

4 comments:
Always so positive. I love it, and I love the picture of your mommy activity. Looks like fun.
New routines are hard. I mourned the loss of Koyle's two naps for a few weeks before finally accepting it. And the pipe cleaners in the strainer is a fabulous idea! I might have to steal that one.
It is all about the attitude!
You are amazing! I am still trying to cling to our old napping routine, and clinging is almost an understatement too. You are good inspiration, maybe naptimes are over rated :) Hope you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment