We are back into a routine after a three month hiatus.
A get-out-of-the-house-most-mornings routine.
We play with friends, go shopping, attend Story Time at the library, and go to the museum.
We're trying to keep busy and sane.
Dad has been working a lot: (at least) twelve-hour work days for 13 days straight.
We made it through--with tears--but we made it, just like we always do.
I don't know why I've been so emotional, but I'm blaming part of it on winter.
I know I have nothing to complain about, but I'm not a fan of winter.
It's cold, dreary, and I feel cooped up.
Thankfully, in Texas, we have days of relief (like today) with warmer weather.
So we play on the swing set, in the dirt, and chase bubbles.
Maggie swings while Henry explores, chases me, and plays with his dinosaurs.
We took a small break when Henry ran full-force into Maggie, who was swinging, while chasing a bubble.
He was so focused on that bubble.
He fell hard to the ground on his back, stood up, ran away and cried for a minute, then requested more bubbles.
I love how tough Henry is.
I love that he enjoys pushing Maggie on the swing.
And I love his bear hugs, even though Maggie doesn't.
I love Maggie for being so content on the swing today.
I love that she mimics words and likes reading certain books before bed.
And I love her kisses and cuddles.
I love being a mom to these two cute kids.
I am grateful for the countless humbling lessons I am learning right now about being their mother.
And, although I've been dwelling too much about how hard it is to be a mom, I know in my heart of hearts there's nothing else I'd rather be doing than be with my kids 24/7 (with the occasional break).


2 comments:
Now you are sounding like me- not in the fact that you get out a lot cause we surely don't (nice work though), but more so on dwelling on the hard job we have. I hope I'm not rubbing off on you. Just know that whatever I tell you, you are right- there is nothing else in my heart of hearts I'd rather be doing. I sure appreciate your positive outlook.
Oh...I love pictures of these two and hearing the days adventures. You are the best mom!! I love your spontaneous chasings and lovings on our boy. Maggie is totally the sweetest little content girl..what a gift she is. I too have been having a weepy after Christmas downtime. It comes with beating myself up for my shortcomings, and wishing I was more. So we just keep trying, loving, praying. You are a love and we are so blessed to have you forever!
Post a Comment