November 2, 2012

Our Halloween

Miss Elephant. The cutest elephant ever.

Mister Spiderman. The cutest Spiderman ever 
(& there was a lot of competition this year).

The day before Halloween, we went to a local museum for a Halloween carnival for youngsters. Henry didn't want to wear his costume, so I said, "If you put on your Spiderman costume on, we'll go see the dinosaurs" (who live at the museum) and he quickly obeyed. On Halloween, after his nap, he wanted help putting on his Spiderman costume. I was a little surprised he wanted to wear it, but we put it on. Then he said, "Di(no)sours?" He sure loves his dinosaurs and will apparently do anything to see them.

That night we headed to our trunk-or-treat party at the church. On our way out the door, Brendon decided to dress up. My response was, "What happened to Brendon?" I didn't think he liked dressing up. He used it as an excuse to wear his wet suit and dressed up as Surfer Brendon (cutest surfer ever). 

At the trunk-or-treat, I handed out candy while sneaking a piece here and there for my own enjoyment. Maggie hung out with me and dug into the candy the entire time, trying her darnedest to get a taste. Dad and Henry made the rounds gathering candy. Henry was most excited about the suckers. He came by our car during the candy-gathering and had a sucker in his mouth. When we went home, he downed three more. And the next morning, he walked into the kitchen and said, "Sucker?" He ate breakfast before eating another one. He is a candy-loving boy, just like his mother.


Four years ago I posted about my uneventful Halloween. I made the comment that holidays would be more fun with children. I was right. It is. And every year gets more fun. 

7 comments:

Courtney N said...

Your kids are too cute! I love their costumes!

Cassie said...

I had fun reading your four year old post. Impressive too that you not only made bread bowls but also went to the gym for racquetball.

Breana said...

I lOVE Maggie's costume! They both look so cute! Can't wait to see you guys

Morgan said...

absolutely the cutest spiderman and elephant!!!

Sheryl said...

I seriously need to eat them up!!!! so stinkin' adorable!! Gramma will have to have a sucker bouquet for my boy!! Maggie is so beautiful! Krista here in my office wants to frame her picture sitting in the road. She thinks it is the best ever!! I would have to agree!! I am sooooo excited for your arrival in 12 days!! I get to be here the whole time! NO work days! YAY!!

Woodworth Family said...

Holidays are way more fun with kids! Just wait until christmas comes! I love their costumes! They look adorable.

Anonymous said...

I just read through all of your current blog posts and the old Halloween one. I LOVE their costumes!
-Britt-