October 14, 2012

A Trip to Utah

We came to Utah to visit family. 
We love and miss them (and the feeling is mutual).
We are enjoying our time relaxing, playing, and laughing together.

Henry is happy with his fruit snacks, "goose" (juice), and extended movie time.
But he is relishing in time with "Pappa."
They share a special bond. One that I never want him to forget.


Maggie became a timid cuddle-bug when we arrived.
Now she is back to her talkative self who is constantly laughing at herself and others.
She is still cuddling with everyone--something she rarely did at home--and we love her all the more for it.

I am enjoying being around my parents, siblings, and old friends.
An added perk is not feeling obligated to be doing something--anything--during down time.
My parents did a lot for me and my kids while we were here.






























I have never been so grateful for the beauty that surrounds this place.
I went running up the canyon...twice.
The leaves are changing color--my favorite color is red--and I couldn't stop sniffing the autumn air.

Round trip, this will be a thirteen-day excursion:
Four days of driving (with five children, ages four and under) and nine days with family.
I love it all, even the driving. And although I miss Brendon, this has been a fun, much-needed trip.

4 comments:

Dejah said...

I really miss Provo in the Fall too, it is so beautiful! How nice that you got to go back and visit your family. I don't think I could ever live that far from mine.

Unknown said...

we loved being able to see you for a little bit and getting our Henry and Maggie hugs in! :)

Cassie said...

I felt so lucky last week- to be able to hang out with you, for your help, for our uplifting chats, for the late night company, for your time. It made me sad thinking about it on Monday realizing as much as it seemed like the good ol days while it lasted, reality is you live so far away.

Jessica said...

Steph,
How fun you guys were able to visit Utah. I am jealous :)