September 29, 2012

Maggie at 10 Months


When Henry was 10 months, I thought he was so big, so old, so ready for a sibling. This time around, I am loving how much I still feel like Maggie is my baby. I just love her and cherish that I can occasionally hold her like a baby, even if only for a few seconds. She is perfect and can do no wrong. Nor will she ever do wrong (I think I said the same thing with Henry). That's why I always need a baby around, to remind me how innocent these little children are and how they simply need to be loved, hugged, and kissed.

Maggie is officially out of the "easy baby" phase. At nine months, she started crawling and within the last week I have started to monitor everywhere she is crawling, just to pull out everything she gets into her mouth. She can do no wrong, it's true, except for choke on something when I look away.

Maggie remains a content, easy-going, happy girl who is tough when she wants to be and easily annoyed the rest of the time. When Henry comes around and she's not in the mood to rough house, she looks at me with a certain look and starts moaning and/or crying. She gets scared by certain noises and a certain small dog (who is harmless). Although a crier (which may be part of simply being a girl) when she wants to be, she is usually a pleasant, happy girl who doesn't mind the occasional bruise from an older brother.


Fortunately, she shows no signs of walking on her own. Dad will hold her hands to get her to walk (while Mom shouts, "Noooooo! Don't teach her that," in the background) and she moves one foot in front of the other, but never initiates walking on her own nor does she pull herself up on anything. She has started to feed herself small items of food while in a high chair but most of the food ends up in her lap before she can get it into her mouth and she is now a formula-fed baby.

Maggie has two teeth, fits into her 6-12 month clothes but is transitioning to 12-18 month clothing (thanks to her long legs) and loves to flail her arms all around, especially if she wants food or is happy. She loves "One for the Money" while flying through the air, being tossed into the air, and swinging at the park. She laughs when she is tickled or when we chase Henry together. Her sweet spirit is continuously evident and we all love her for the laughter and love she brings into our home. That cute face of hers is just an added bonus.


1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Love our Maggie Sue!! She is such a sweet beauty! I CAN NOT WAIT to get my hands on her and kiss her and snuggle and read to and rock and play and kiss and squeeze this little love!!