July 9, 2012

Twenty-seven

Today I turned twenty-seven.
I woke up and said, "This is going to be a good day. Today is a special day."
Hours later I thought, "This is going to be a fun day. Today is special."

Today I played with my children.
I made an honest effort to do things that make Henry happy.
Henry and I laughed together a lot today. He's at a fun, funny stage.

Today I ate dinner with my family.
I laughed with Henry while Maggie cried (she does not like carrots).
Brendon and I talked while we cleaned the kitchen together.

Today was mostly like any other day, except for the flowers, the cake, and the birthday wishes.
I had moments filled with frustration and moments filled with joy.
My family and I did what we usually do together.

Today was a good day. A fun day. A special day.
Today I had an epiphany, realizing every day can be a good day. A fun day.
Today I turned twenty-seven. Today I learned every day really is special.


 

5 comments:

StephenEmily Stacey said...

I love your family photo. It's beautiful.

And you're absolutely right. Every day can be special. We just have to make it that we. I have to keep reminding me of that as we adjust to living in a new place. Thanks for your sweet reminder.

Leanna said...

Happy birthday!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday! I love your family picture. It looks awesome! Glad you are getting settled in Texas. That's so nice you have lots of room for the kids to play.

Sheryl said...

So glad you had a good day! You are so sweet....you only deserve the best!! Love you!

Cassie said...

You are so CREATIVE (to come up with such cute posts), POSITIVE (which has led to a smooth transition in Lubbock), a GREAT MOM (to spend your birthday spoiling your kids), and you always have a GREAT PERSPECTIVE (hense the thoughts you gained on your birthday). In the last couple of days I've had the thought "if only Steph were here..." too many times. Glad things are going so well and today I'm grateful for all of your blog posts. And for the good laugh I had when I read your comment on our blog.