June 25, 2012

Saying Good-bye

Our original moving plans were preponed, giving us twelve days to pack, clean, and get out of our apartment...oh, and find a place to rent in Texas. It was a busy, stressful two weeks. Packing and moving weren't bad, but the house hunt didn't go as smoothly as anticipated, and with an earlier move-in date, we were frantically looking online for somewhere to live.

On our drive home from graduation, Brendon asked, "What do you want to do in Utah before we move?" Well, the list was scratched pretty quickly when we found out that moving had to become the priority. I guess we'll have to go mountain biking together some other time. We did, however, make sure to see family to say good-bye.

First, we said good-bye to my brother, who left home for two years to serve an LDS mission in El Salvador. He adores my kids (which I love). We will be sure to frequently mention "Auz-is" to Henry so he remembers him. Our children will be so different the next time we see him. But we all adore Austin and are excited for him.



We said good-bye to our grandmas, aunts, uncles, and cousins who live in Utah. We have enjoyed living closer to them over the past two years and although we could have spent more time with them, we are grateful for the time we did spend together.




Finally, we said good-bye to my family. We absolutely loved living so close together. Two years ago, three of the four of us (siblings) moved back to Utah (with the fourth already at home). Looking back, it's a miracle our timing worked out so well. Now, two of the kids are out of state with another moving a little further from home, although still in Utah. During our time together, I loved getting to know our newest brother-in-law better, watching my children play with my sister's children, seeing my brother love and play with my children, going shopping and out to lunch with my mom, having regular visitations from my parents, and spending Sunday afternoons together. 





Saying good-bye this move was a lot easier than the first time I moved away from my parents. I am sad to leave, but know good things are ahead and am so grateful for technology and transportation that allows us to talk with and see each other.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I know the pain!! I am so glad it was easier this time around.

Hope everyone is getting settled! Miss you guys!