For now, though, my parents live one mile away from my home. It is wonderful...perfect, even. My dad stops by on his way home from work to chase Henry around the couch. My mom stops by when she runs errands & we chat. We stop by their house whenever we feel the need to get out of the house or want ice cream or want company. It works out great. Perfect, even.
As we quickly approach moving time, I feel sad every time we drive away from my parents' house, realizing how much I'm going to miss this place. Not my apartment, but the close distance to my parents.
Living one mile away from my parents has (probably) been a once in a lifetime experience & I'm so grateful we were able to experience it. There have been no drawbacks to living so close, except for the fact that being close to my family means being far from Brendon's family. It has been wonderful having family so close. I'm going to miss it. I'm definitely going to miss it.
I'm going to miss so many things, like Sunday dinners & hanging out afterwards,
random drop-ins & watching "PAPA!!!" & Henry play together,
celebrating events/holidays with each other,
going out to eat together,
playing Spades,
watching my parents interact with my children in a way that Skype won't allow them to,
and just being together.
Living one mile away from my parents has (probably) been a once in a lifetime experience & I'm so grateful we were able to experience it. There have been no drawbacks to living so close, except for the fact that being close to my family means being far from Brendon's family. It has been wonderful having family so close. I'm going to miss it. I'm definitely going to miss it.
4 comments:
Congrats on graduation and residency and everything you two are accomplishing together! So glad you had the experience of living soooo close to your family. You'll always remember back and be so grateful. What an exciting adventure once again for residency to begin in a new place. Good luck with moving and adjusting. And the thing about it not being important to plan out where you would like to live...very wise. Right now we have no idea where that will be either. Thinking of you guys and what an dynamic duo you two are! So happy for your successes too!!!
It truly has been one of those "once in a lifetime opportunities" to have you only one mile from our home. Seeing the pictures and reading the blog brought tears as I pondered how much all of you will be missed. Enjoy Lubock, you have a tremendous family and will touch lives in your new home.
Did you cry when you posted this? I'm holding back my tears. Oh, how I'm going to miss you. I'm so glad you had this neat experience with your family but also so grateful for the many experiences I have had with you while you've lived so close to me. Let the tears flow.
Such a blessing to have that opportunity! Im not sure I will ever live one mile from my parents. Hope all the moving and adjusting goes well! Thinking about you guys :)
Post a Comment