February 9, 2012
Maggie's Blessing
We blessed Maggie last Sunday (February 5). It was a wonderful day, filled with the Spirit and family. I spent a few days last week reflecting on the past couple of months. I was amazed by the numerous lessons & reminders about the Lord's love & His hand in my life. Topics I have been studying in the scriptures for the last four months really came together last month. And I can't count the number of times I have been reminded just how involved the Lord is in my life & of His love for me. I know Maggie's sweet spirit helped invite those lessons & reminders.
Brendon gave Maggie a beautiful blessing. Among other things, Maggie was blessed to understand her divine identity & to be a light to others. She is already a light to our family. I love her sweet spirit. She already seems to have a lot of patience and a happy countenance.
We were so grateful for the family that was able to join us in celebration of Maggie. Grandpa Russell flew in from California & spent the weekend with us. It was a treat to have him here, especially for Henry. Brendon's brothers, Garen & Cody, live in Utah along with Brendon's aunt, Lori. I love the Holmes family & was grateful to have some of them here with us. My family was here, of course, & I enjoyed spending the day with them.
Man, I love family. I love my Gibson family, my Holmes family, & my little family. Reflecting on the last couple months has been another one of my "earth-life-is-so-cool" moments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love the thoughts and reflections you shared in this post on Maggie's blessing. Perfectly fitting. Sweetest picture at the top of Maggie sleeping and great family picture too.
I love your thoughts and words! LOVE every picture!! Your mom is always so pretty!Love Maggie's smiles!! You continue to be the perfect momma!! LOVE YOU!
so sweet! Love that family picture :) Miss you guys!
You have a family of 4! Look at you guys! I love your thoughts Stephanie and getting to read them on your blog. If your little maggie is anything like you i am sure that she will bring you joy from her sweet disposition all her life. xoxo
What a Beautiful family!! How precious is she?! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment