November 19, 2011

In Preparation for Our Baby Girl

(1) Baby showers
My sweet mother-in-law and extended family threw me a baby shower. The party was complete with adorable decorations, fantastic food, generous gift-giving, practical projects, and the perfect company complete with warm conversations. Have I ever mentioned how much I love and adore Brendon's family and the extended family relationships they have? Simply incredible. Lots of love and support from so many people!


My incredible book club also threw me a shower. I thought it was so sweet that they even offered to do such a thing. We had a great night together and I'm so grateful for the friendships I've been able to build while living here.

(2) Big brother
We've been talking about "baby sister" to Henry. Pretty sure he's going to be shocked when she gets here and will need some a lot of adjusting to not having mom or dad at his beckon call, but I'm also pretty sure he's going to love and adore his baby sister. Henry loves babies and is so cute with little girls (even those his own age). Lately when I point to my belly and tell him "baby sister," he hugs and kisses my belly. He is such a sweet boy.

(3) Baby clothes & accessories
On top of the baby showers, I had a dear neighbor and friend offer her girl clothes to me. What a blessing! And they are adorable clothes to boot. All the baby clothes are washed, folded, and ready to go.

A friend and I have been getting together once a week for the past few weeks to make felt flowers for our girls. So unlike me, I know. If I could afford it, I would buy them off of Etsy; but for now, I'm making my own headbands and have even started enjoying the final products. Pretty sure I'm pushing my crafting skills to its' limit.

(4) Prepared
I have stocked up on diapers, made an activity jar and play/art bucket for Henry so we make time to do something fun each day once the baby comes, and my Christmas shopping is complete!

Baby girl, we are anxiously awaiting your arrival into our family! 
Only seven more days to go.

6 comments:

Cassie said...

Whoot. Whoot! Nice job on the prep work. If you didn't notice my jaw was dropped for several minutes when you told me you were completely done with your "to do" list. That alone means the transition for Henry, and you, is going to go great. Horray for next Sat. I can't wait to meet her.

Breana said...

wow, I can't believe she will be her this week!!! I'm so excited!

Heidi said...

We are all so excited to see this little Maggie Girl :)
And I am jealous you are done with your Christmas shopping... ;)

Melissa said...

SO excited for you!!! Henry is going to be such a good big brother.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness!! Didn't you JUST have Henry?
Your little girl is so lucky to be coming into your home. And --whoa!-- are you oragnized/prepared for the little sweetie to get there. Wish I were there to help out.

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

So excited for you! I'll be waiting for pictures!