April 29, 2011

Easter

I told Brendon he's missing Henry's first Easter.  Then he reminded me, that this was Henry's first Easter:

Oh yeah.  I forgot.  But this is his first real Easter.  Truthfully, I'm not sad about Brendon missing Henry's Easter. Don't get me wrong, I'd love Brendon to be here, but it's probably Brendon who is a little sad about missing Easter with Henry.

The Easter bunny was very generous to Henry, thanks to Grandma & Grandpa's good connections with him.  They go way back.

Henry has eaten more chocolate this past week than ever before.  I'm pretty sure he loves it.  I think he takes after his mom in the candy department: the more the merrier.

My friend, Cassie, invited us to Spanish Fork's Easter egg hunt, which was a success.  After three eggs, Henry was satisfied.  And, knowing that I would be the one eating the contents, so was I.  Henry was anxious to pick up the brightly colored eggs covering the grass and, when the bell rang to hunt, he quickly went to find the eggs.  He walked around picking up and holding an egg for awhile, dropping it, then picking up another one.  He eventually put two in his basket and held one in his hand.  We enjoyed our eggs and playing in the park for the morning.
   


Grandma Sue bought Henry an Easter outfit.  While trying on his shirt, Henry went from crying to his cheesy face to laughing, all within a matter of seconds while I snapped the camera.  I love him.
 

We spent the holiday with a lot of family, enjoying good company and food. Everyone loved being with Henry, so I had basically a full weekend break, which was much appreciated and very rejuvenating.

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

love, love , LOVE, LOVE, L.O.V.E., LOVE that boy!!

Heidi said...

he is too cute! I cannot wait to see you all in June :) Oh wait... we will be seeing you all in about a week... EVEN BETTER!!