Not only did Brendon work less days than he didn't, but he also didn't need to leave for work until 9:30 am. Lucky for me, Brendon woke up with Henry in the morning whenever possible. But sleeping in wasn't the only reason I loved this month's rotation. I feel like--in anticipation of upcoming months spending time a part from each other while Brendon learns from busy hospitals in California--I have cherished time with him. The same way I cherished time like the good ole' days in Missouri, when time together was scheduled and sparse. We didn't necessarily DO a lot this month. But we definitely were together a lot. In each other's presence, that is. For the most part, we were both carrying on with own agendas; Brendon with studying, scheduling rotations, and taking regular breaks to chase Henry and me with cleaning, playing, and cooking. But we were all together and I could talk with him whenever I wanted to.
My "caring less" about his opportunities to learn this month stem from completely selfish desires of having time together. I almost feel like this was our last time having a lot of time together (in our own element) for a long, long time. One more month before Brendon leaves for four weeks to go to California. Is it bad that I tear up cry just thinking about being a part as I type this? I don't know if I'm cut out for this. Hopefully the anticipation is worse than the bite.
Brendon is hoping for seven out rotations to California, and I sincerely hopes he gets each one of them. But I hope, more than anything, we will only grow closer together. I hope we will appreciate each other more. I hope we will love each other more deeply. Now that's a lot of hoping.
Brendon is hoping for seven out rotations to California, and I sincerely hopes he gets each one of them. But I hope, more than anything, we will only grow closer together. I hope we will appreciate each other more. I hope we will love each other more deeply. Now that's a lot of hoping.

7 comments:
You are so sweet! I wish I was still that in love. :)
LOVE these kids!! You have the best and most positive view of your life as a med student's wife. YOU are amazing! LOVE YOU GIRL!
time apart totally sucks!!! but it really does make you fall in love all over again. you turn into that "dating" kind of love bird that hurts to be apart and when you get to see eachother it is just as mushy:) and you can always come see me! :)
Man, you guys are a good looking couple. That must be why Henry is such a darling. That's so nice you got to hang out so much lately! Good luck in the upcoming weeks...yikes! That's along time away. :(
What a great schedule. I'm glad you guys got to spend so much time together this month. Are you coming to CA at all while he's doing rotations?
You can do it! I know it will be tough but you are strong. It will help so much to have your family close by.
I love this post! Agreed! What else can I say?
Post a Comment