Henry is three months old today. He is certainly growing, weighing in at 14 pounds 8 ounces. I purchased size three diapers today. Size three?!? I have had to take back a box of diapers (or I should have taken back a box) to the store with every size increase. My denial with each step of growth is not wearing thin. I don't like opening the new box to find huge diapers.
I also purchased some teething rings. The boy is chewing on everything and it isn't because of hunger: my shoulder, his hands, his fingers, his toys, and now his teething rings. He was uncharacteristically unhappy this morning. I blame the teeth. How I wish he could talk sometimes!
Henry is changing, and getting cuter by the second...seriously, every second. Here's the list of exciting things my baby is now doing:
holding toys (which I usually have to force into his hand),
holding up his head,
holding up his body weight on his feet,
playing games like hide-and-seek (in laundry baskets),
and smiling and talking more and more.
He even helped me feed him his nightly bottle of milk tonight
(and even held it on his own for a few seconds).
He even helped me feed him his nightly bottle of milk tonight
(and even held it on his own for a few seconds).
Everything is so exciting for me. As cliche as it sounds, I honestly feel so much joy every single day around this boy. He is a bundle of love. Not to mention, he is super easy (every day I make sure to tell Brendon our little Henry is a saint and an angel): he is so content, easy to make smile, and falls asleep on his own nearly every time we lay him down to sleep. I just adore him to bits and pieces. This has been a really enjoyable month and a half (...I'm not going to lie, the first month and a half was pretty hard).






11 comments:
such a cute boy! we can't wait to meet him!!
Wow! Big accomplishments! He is getting so big!
You KNOW that this Gramma is so happy you post about your adorable one. He is getting way too big before Gramma can get my hands on him! Thank you so much for keeping us up to date with EVERYTHING HENRY!!
I absolutely love that last picture of him smiling. But the pool pics are pretty cute too. His chill face in the pool is so funny.
I was totally the same way as you! I never understood what the big deal was about every little baby accomplishment until I had my own. I love the skateboard pic. It's never too early to learn! ;)
He is soooo cute!!! And anyone who doesn't understand why parents get so excited about every milestone has never been a parent :) The rest of us totally get it!!
I am so glad that things are going so well. You are such a great mama.
OH... I knew that your blog would change like this once your henry came! It happens to the best of us. and You know that Gramma's LOVE it!
and that pic of Brendon holding Henry by the feet... Classic! Cannot wait to see you guys in a few short weeks!!!
oh he is soooo cute!!!
Even with #2 the little things are still sooo exciting. Kids really are a joy.
He is Sooo cute!! Sad that we just barely missed you guys! Looking forward to seeing you guys hopefully soon though! He really is So precious! Can't wait to meet him and see you guys! <3
Welcome back! cant wait to meet little Henry on Sunday!
Post a Comment