May 7, 2009

Old News, Good News, New News!

Old News...

This most-amazing medical school we (meaning Brendon) attend has a wonderful spouse/significant other program. It has been such a blessing to me, providing an avenue to meet people & something to do on the nights full of studying for the hubby. I was recently voted by the SAA (Student Advocate Association, the official name of the spouse/significant other program) to be the 1st Vice President (meaning nobody ran against me & so I became the VP).

The board of SAA has done a lot already: meeting with the old board, meeting with the new board, planning things, & the like. The responsibility is big, bigger than I realized before deciding to do this, but I'm really excited to be a part of such a wonderful program.

Good News...
Brendon is still very dedicated to school & doesn't complain about the rigorous schedule. It's really neat to see how grateful he is for this opportunity & seeing him put his whole heart into it.

I am enjoying the challenges that has come with work. Secretary work (which I do a lot of) isn't really my favorite thing, but I'm really enjoying the opportunities I see to improve the processes involved with my job & trying to make things run more efficiently. I am really, really, really enjoying working outside of my home.

New News...

Vacation trips have been booked! Yay! California & Utah, here we come! We can't wait to see our family & friends! It's going to be such a fun summer!

15 comments:

Heidi said...

YAY for news! You will be so great at that VP thing. I bet its so nice to have something to do, and to be in charge of something.
Brendon is a great guy! WHat a great attitude. I guess you have to, to go to med school.
YAY for vacations! I bet you are so excited! we are still trying to figure out a way to get out to CA in July.

Katie May said...

Yay! Maybe this makes me sound like a stalker, but I've been thinking a lot about you guys lately. Wondering how you are. How work and school are going, etc. You hadn't updated in awhile, so I was just hoping you were surviving the "spouse of a med student" life. I'm so glad you have that organization!!

I'm glad you're all doing well. It's funny because I actually haven't had the chance to meet you yet, Stephanie, but I feel so connected because we're leading such a similar life. I hope one day to remedy that so we can all commiserate, um, I mean relate, together!

Clint & Julie said...

That's great Steph! Congrats on VP! I know you will do a great job. Vacation will be so much fun. It's nice to have something to look forward to.

I really miss not chatting with you on IM anymore! I need to give you a call. I was just thinking about calling you the other day.

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

wahoo! when are you coming? i hope i'll be in UT when you're here!

Ashley said...

It's so nice to have things to do outside the home, and especially to have vacations to look forward too! I can tell you're a happy girl!

Megan said...

You will do an amazing job in SAA, and I'll help you however I can! We can't wait for vacation too! So fun!

Unknown said...

Wow! Going from not much to do at home... to work and organization explosion! When will you be in Utah!? :)

Sheryl said...

So impressive my girl! They knew that there was no one better, and you scared off the competition!! I have to say that you two are incredible, and Brendon knows he couldn't do it without you by his side!! Love you for that! We are so excited to be able to spend time with you two in July...soo very excited. Keep up the amazing work, and thanks for the comment on Breana's blog!! My boys picked the perfect girls!!

Brett, Kelly, and Amber said...

Both of you are so awesome and I'm so proud of you!! That is so exciting about your vacations - I hope we get to see you guys while you are in Utah! It would be so fun to introduce you to the baby!! =)

Unknown said...

Good luck with all the meals for clubs stuff, I hope someone signs up!

You're going to have so much fun this summer!! Good for you. Enjoy it!

aimee said...

I'm excited your on the board---your going to do awesome!

Jana Howard said...

YAY!!! I can't wait to see you guys! We miss you terribly and we are so happy that things are going so well for you two! We love you!

Addi said...

That's a lot of news. What a fun life you have.

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

Ha! Yes, I do appreciate that story! I never would've remembered that we did that unless you'd reminded me. It's going to be funny when you have kids someday and you think of Kevin when they sing that... lol

Cassie said...

Steph- I have been thinking about you all day. I think the whole plan to chat on skype has kept me from calling you...as sad as it sounds. Skype or not, I am calling you this week!