This was the perfect timing for Spring Break (for me): I don't know how I would've survived the week without him.
He also managed to get in some rest & relaxation for playing sports and watching movies.
Fortunately, we both got a weekend break from all forms of work & headed to Chicago for some family fun with the Woodworths!
Highlights from the trip included:
Chicago-style pizza,
driving through the beautiful city of Chicago with buildings towering overhead in every direction,
Navy Pier,
swimming,
*Brooklyn was such a good sport the whole weekend even with skipping naps, going to bed late, & waking up early. The little bugger goes & goes & goes. She doesn't like to sit in one place too long, especially her stroller. She's provides a lot of entertainment & laughter. She's too much fun!*
We enjoyed our time together with the Woodworths & can't wait to go next month. If only, if only!
On the drive home, Brendon & I stopped by Carthage Jail. It's neat to be in a place where the prophet Joseph once stood. There is a wonderful spirit at that historic site.


15 comments:
Wo. That was some pizza!
How fun... that pizza... not sure I could handle that.
looks like TONS of fun though! a break that was much needed!
So glad you got to get away for some fun and sight seeing. Chicago has alot to see for sure. I am glad you got to stop at Carthage. That would be a great experience. It was good talking to you!
Wow, my comment was about the pizza too. That's crazy. Isn't Carthage amazing? I enjoyed the spirit there too.
That pizza looks so good! That's great you two finally got a nice break from the routine.
Your niece is really cute!
No fair! Chicago is one of my favorite cities. You have to go again in the summer during the Taste of Chicago. Oh--so, so yummy! :)
Yes... so much fun! Hey, I'm all about going again next month! :0)
I'm glad you got to take a break together for a while. Looks like you packed a whole week's worth into a few days. Good job. And, I agree, the pizza looks amazing.
Isn't Chicago sooo fun!! I loved it when we went last year. Grant not so much, he is not a big fan of city life but I had a blast :). Katherine came with her girls and met us there and it was so fun. I want to go back. I miss that pizza too :). We went to Gioradanos 2 night is a row. Gotta love Chicago pizza!
Fun times!! We miss you!
Looks like WAY too much fun!
What a great trip! I'm so happy that you guys got a little R&R. You deserved it. We definitely miss you guys! Thanks for being so awesome! We love you!
Stephanie, you're such a sweet girl! I wanted to tell you I was touched by your testimony today, thank you for sharing! Prayer is wonderful.
That pizza looks so good! You two are so cute! Let me know if you ever want to come over and hang or if you need some good books to read. ;)
Hey will you be in town for our wedding? We'd love to have you at our sealing but I just need to know. PS - Do i have your address?
Love ya!
Post a Comment