February 26, 2009

So long, farewell...not for so long

Well, I got a job offer from Overstock.com yesterday. After saying good-bye for the third time, I'm coming back! It's temporary (about a month long). Bittersweet, really.

Sleeping change: BITTER;
Doing something while awake:
SWEET!

Working during Brendon's break from school (in a couple weeks):
BITTER;
Having a distraction while Brendon is studying for finals:
SWEET!

No flexibility with my time:
BITTER;
Being busy all the time:
SWEET!

Still needing to look for a job:
BITTER;
Making money while I'm still looking:
SWEET!

It's bittersweet, but I'm so, so, so glad Overstock.com thought of me and offered me a job. I love Overstock! A phrase I've heard often (from Brendon) is, "Overstock saves the day!" And they've done just that...again.

Thank you for the many prayers on my behalf. This is definitely a tender mercy.

***********

Poor, poor Brendon studies all day & all night. It's amazing what a brain can do (not this one...but what *his* brain can do). This jobless girl has tried her hardest to keep herself busy trying to read, organizing her recipe box, & making a fun project.

Trying to read...
I did it! I finished my book (Uncle Tom's Cabin)...thank you Cliff Notes! I'm terrible. I know. I think it's the time pressure to finish a book by "X" date. I can't do it. I succumbed half way through. Very moving book, even through cliff notes.

Better luck with my next book.

Organizing my recipe book...
I have a goal of making a meal plan for a year with different meals for almost every day. Some recipes are just too darn good (or too easy) to not make more than once a year! I'd love any meal ideas and recipes...send 'em my way!

Making a project...???
Yep! Even I can do the "here's-the-display-and-supplies-now-do-it-yourself" projects. Thanks again, Mom! This was really fun. I even got a little creative and didn't do it exactly as the display. Happy times!


Goal for my next post: Pictures of fun things B
rendon & I do together! I used to hate blogs without pictures.

15 comments:

kristy said...

I like your background, very cute! As is your project! Congrats on the job and good luck still searching. I'm sorry, I don't envy you there. I hate job interviews about more than anything! Unfortunately I don't have any recipes memorized but if I think of a really good one I'll let you know. That's really ambitious! I'm happy if I have meals planned for 4 days of the week.

kristy said...

sorry, this is jill.

Sheryl said...

Yay Overstock.com!! In your honor I may have to purchase something from the website! Great projects by the way. You could come and organize my 30 plus years of recipe gathering! I will have to pass a few more on to you! Love you and praying for you both always!

Scotty B said...

I'm so happy for you!
I've been praying.

Mama Bear said...

Congrats on the job! Even if it is temporary! Very cute project...love it!

Heidi said...

Cute new background. Yay for another job with Overstock. Im sure it will keep you busy. You are one ambitious woman to make a menu for a year. I have a hard time with a week at a time. But Matt would eat tacos, BBQ chicken, Hamburgers, and lasagna everyday of the year.
I love that little book you made. Super cute!

Ash and Joe said...

hey crafty lady! i think that you should share with us some of your yummy recipies!

Jessica said...

Alright! go overstock. congrats on the job and finising the book :)

Julie said...

Yes!! I'm so excited you will be back at Overstock! That's great that it worked out for you. It will be fun to chat with you again on IM for a month.

Nashelle said...

Cute blog! Congrats on the job and I hope you and Brendon find some time to have fun together on the break!

DeGooyer Family said...

Hi - I love your blog! I am so sorry about the job search - if I hear of anything, I'll let you know.

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

Steph, steph, steph, I'd LOVE to have you, but whatever would Brendon do without you? :) Anyway, if you are at a point where you're up for anything job-wise, I have an idea for you. Call me.

Addi said...

What a fabulous project. Dawna would be so proud!

Julia Holmes said...

I love your backround, so cute!!! Hey congrats on the job! It is not fair that my sister gets to hang out with you guys all the time and Grant and I don't. Oh well maybe one of these days we will be closer. Did you know I am coming up in May. We will have to hang out. :)

Megan said...

Cute book! I wanna see the whole thing. And wow you are ambitious, with the recipes, you'll have to let me know how that goes :) E is lucky if he gets no repeats in a week!