Today was a productive day full of cover letter writing that I despise. I slipped in a few games of Internet Spades to keep my sanity.
Now, it's 10:20 PM, the dishes are done, the grocery list is ready for tomorrow, Brendon is studying, and I am bored. I checked out a book from the library 3 or 4 weeks ago. Renewed it twice. I need to read 21 pages a day to have it finished before it's final due date (no more renewing available). It's a great book once I pick it up. I just can't stand the thought of sitting down to read a book for some reason. I need some glue so I can finish the project my mom mailed me. You know, the "here's-the-display-and-supplies-now-do-it-yourself" kind of project. I'm good with those.
Lesson #1 I've learned about myself while not having a job: Reading...not my favorite (although I do wish I enjoyed it more)*; doing something with my hands...now we're talking.
*Maybe it's those memories of being in 5th grade trying to read 1000 pages on the 29th of the month, trying to catch up for the other 28 days that I failed to read 20 pages. Remember those days, Mom?
7 comments:
What are you reading?
I'm kind of the same way. If a book doesn't grab me from the start I can never sit down to finish it, even if it's a book that has had great recommendations.
I am not a reader either... the only books I got into was Twilight, and even now... I cant get myself to read them again.
I would totally do a project with you if you were here. FUN!
I actually just joined a card exchange group, and am loving it!
It's all about hands on creativity! I am with you girl!!
Maybe you're just reading the wrong books. I'm telling ya... Start "TWILIGHT"!! (The only books I've read since Brooklyn was born! Except the last Harry Potter book.)
Sad to say, but you obviously take after your mother. If you took after your father you would read every spare moment. I'm more into crafts too -- I have to admit it's a lot more fun to do them with someone else than by yourself. Ask your neighbor to do something while her baby is napping. Just an idea.
I am totally the same way. The book has to really grab my attention for me to read it and if it does then I'm hooked. But that doesn't happen all that often.
Thanks for calling me today! It was fun to talk to you.
Post a Comment