That's right, caffeinated beverage in pocket and all. He's off for another night of studying. This man is extremely dedicated and hard working...so grateful for him.
Fortunately, he's dedicated to me, too. Recently, my favorite time of day is dinner time. My favorite time during the week is volleyball time (every Monday & Saturday). Those are the two times I can always, always, always count on seeing Brendon.
The rigorous schedule right now for Brendon consists of test after test after test...for the entire month. That means no breaks (except for dinner & volleyball--a man's gotta live a little!).
Bless his heart, he's handling the stress very well. He told me tonight his attitude is "work hard & come what may." Such a good man! I believe I am handling the stress well, too. I didn't have any breakdowns this week until five minutes before he showed up for dinner tonight. Can I blame hormones again?
But really, we are doing well and enjoying the time we get to spend together. I recently came to the realization that one of my favorite things about medical school is that I never take my time with Brendon for granted.
See you in the morning, Love...that is, if I can fall to sleep without you. (I'm going to need to get better at falling asleep by myself once I get a job & have to wake up early.)
10 comments:
Sad. :( I'm sure I'll feel the same way soon. At least he's working hard now, and eventually you will get to see him more. Tons of doctors and their wives get through it, so you can take heart. :)
All I should say is "Amen!" But I have to add that I completely understand about falling asleep by yourself. I always try and never learn. *sigh* And yes, you are lucky with Brendon! Clay is very much the same way about setting dinner time aside and "family time" (as we call it here). Keeping the wives happy can only help, right?
I fall asleep by myself since Matt is working 2 jobs. Its not easy at first, but now that Im pregnant... so easy!
I hope things are getting easier!
XOXO
Blaming things on hormones? Do you have an announcement? :) I like Brendon's motto because if you know you worked as hard as personally possible and did your best then results are satisfying because you know that there's nothing more you could have done!
I so wish I had 2 nights a week of Volleyball! I haven't even had 2 nights a year. *sigh*
You warm my heart sweet girl! I can't imagine anyone else getting thru this together so well! Love you for being you!
You can make it! I agree, with husbands being gone you really do treasure the time with them. Ironically it makes me grateful for med school:-)_
It will all be over before you know it!
I can't wait to hear about your job update. If you felt good about the interviews then I'm sure they went well. Enjoy sleeping in for now!
Miss both you guys. Brendon - you're an inspiration to me of dedication and hard worker. Good thing I've got such a masipag tatay...I don't know where I'd be without out you bro.
ah the school days! But you both have such good attitudes you'll do great! Miss you guys!
Hey Stephanie, you know if you ever want you can come hang out with me and the kids! I love that you can still find things to be grateful for medical school for, I struggle with that one!!!!
Post a Comment