May 17, 2008

Cruise!

We went on a 7-night caribbean cruise during the first full week of May with our friends Mike and Rachel Meldrum. Mike is at U of Florida for pharmacy school, so they were able to pick us up from our hotel and we sailed out of Port Canaveral for Labadee, Haiti; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Georgetown, Grand Cayman; and Cozumel, Mexico. The whole week was like living in a dream. Relax, do stuff if you want to, sleep in till whenever, and eat and eat and eat.

We don't have all the pictures we'd like yet, but I thought everyone deserved a little taste... just to see what it taste like...

Steph, Brendon, Mike and Rachel playing mini golf on the ship. It was a short nine-hole course. At this particular time, it was really busy and all the grown-up clubs were being used. So we had fun with the kiddie putters.
(I got my only hole-in-one with the little guy)



Wading through Haitian waters


Getting prepped to snorkel in Haiti. We got a few underwater shots that we'll post another time.


Awwww...


The man-made wave in Georgetown, Grand Cayman. My Dad had done this just about two weeks before I did. The body board was fun and easy to handle. The surfing was a different story. Steph happened to get a few shots of my 10 second rides:



On the ferry ride back to the boat in Cayman



Tulum Mayan ruins in Mexico. The ruins were on the mainland, so we had to take a 45 min ferry over there, then a 45 min bus to the ruins. They look pretty fancy in pictures, but being there was less spectacular because they wouldn't let us get close to the main buildings.


Our waiter from Indonesia and his assistant from China.

9 comments:

Sheryl said...

whoo hoo! You look so happy and relaxed in every picture! So fun...can't wait to see more. Wasn't it great!! We were so relaxed, and would do it again in a heart beat.

Heidi said...

How fun! I'm totally jealous. But Matt has promised as soon as our credit card is paid off, we will be going on a cruise! YAY!

Scotty B said...

Holmes' I'm jealous. Next time sasama kami ng asawa ko sa inyo :)

Jenn said...

Looks like so much fun! I cant wait to go on a cruise... someday. :) You and Stephanie look so happy and cute together.

Katie Jean said...

so cool! looks like so much fun! that is awesome

julie said...

have you 2 ever thought about modeling snorkel gear? love all these pics & what a fun trip! i bet it was simply amazing. miss you guys... xo

Sam Lentz said...

Brendon Holmes... the Tiger Woods of cool. Glad you guys had so much fun. You'll have to put your snorkeling skills to good use in Missouri.

Woodworth Family said...

I am so jealous! I'm glad you guys had fun!

Lindsey said...

How fun!! We are going on our cruise in about a week and are so excited!! Any tips or suggestions for us?!?! I bet you guys just love working together also! Hope all is well!